College age kids don't know everything about marketing:
An article from Ad Age Magazine: Millennials: Clued in or Clueless?
1. COLLEGE STUDENTS ARE NOT THE TARGET FOR MOST PRODUCTS
2. THE AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD INCOME DOES NOT SUPPORT A CLEANING LADY (OR AN IPHONE)
3. THERE ARE MORE OLD PEOPLE THAN YOUNG PEOPLE
4.FACEBOOK IS AN ADVERTISING-SUPPORTED, COMMERCIAL SERVICE
5. SERVICE MARKETING IS MORE THAN A LATTE WITH A SMILE
6. RETAILERS, NOT MANUFACTURERS, SET THE PRICE
7. IT'S ILLEGAL FOR ADS TO LIE
8. 98% OF PRODUCT PLACEMENTS ARE PAID
9. MOBILE PHONES AND IPODS ARE NEW MEDIA
10. BRANDS INFLUENCE BUYING BEHAVIOR
I know the young generation would like to believe the world revolves around them - but it just isn't so. Simply marketing 101.