Monday, August 20, 2007

swimming lessons

so i managed to avoid swimming at the hash today. i took the 4 mile walker trail and upon hearing about trail - was glad i wanked out today.
i was talking to another hasher about this today. i guess i'm a decent swimmer in a pool doing laps in 4-5 feet in a pool. but maybe it's some irrational fear about not being able to touch the bottom of a pool or lake that makes me freak out. so i probably should take some adult swim lessons and get over it - or next time bring a boogie board or my own flotation devices to help me get through the swim portions of trail.

2 comments:

Pull the Plug said...

Balut helped me get through the deepest areas of the swamp. When I balked at one location, he found a piece of floating styrofoam and pitched it to me and told me that it was my personal flotation device. I stuck the styrofoam under my shirt and with Balut leading the way, I was able to complete the trail. But I agree with you that adult swim classes would be a big help.

Gaslight ;-) said...

You could have totally touched the bottom!

Your head, however, would have been almost entireley underwater.

We reached a check at one point and I found myself swimming across an easement in the middle of the fucking forest, searching for trail while paddling about. I did not feel very smart at that moment.