Tuesday, January 15, 2008

That Time of the Year Again


It's that time of the year again when thoughts turn to girls peddling their wares down the street. Of course I'm talking about Girl Scout cookies - my favorites are tagalongs, shortbread, and caramel delites. Not too fond of thin mints - but I know chicks go crazy over mint and chocolate.
Gone are the days of going door to door. Now I see troops at target, walmart, heb, randalls - kinda taking the easy way out if you ask me. Also have people at work soliciting for their kids. Just saw a girl scout cookie sheet on our work fridge (where's the no solicitation policy). Believe me the kid could get more sales simply going cube to cube in the girl scout uniform. I'm a sucker for kids selling crap door to door. Just because I know what a pain it is selling overpriced crap out of catalogs. Back in my day selling candy bars for the baseball team we simply went door to door in the neighborhood.

No comments: